Bidford on Avon Parish Council - December 23/January 24
PARISH COUNCIL SURGERIES
As the number of residents within the Parish grows, Council has recognised that it has to find practical ways of being available and keeping in touch other than at Parish Council Meetings. Councillors will now be available for Parish Council Surgeries on the second Saturday of the month at the Parish Council foyer area, 10am-12pm, this coincides with the Saturday opening times of Bidford Community Library.
CITIZENS ADVICE - BIDFORD OUTREACH
The First Thursday of the month in the Parish Council Room (in the library) 10am–1pm. Please note you must pre-book. This provides essential advice in these difficult times and is carried out in complete confidence. Please note the library is closed on Thursdays. Full details available at bidfordonavon-pc.gov.uk/citizens-advice-bidford-outreach/. You can also book via the Clerk – email email@example.com giving name, contact details and reason for the appointment. The Clerk is the Council’s GDPR Officer, and you can be assured all will be treated in the highest confidence.
Dates: Thursday 7th December and Thursday 4th January.
BIDFORD VILLAGE MARKET
This takes place on the first Saturday of the month (except January-March) in the village centre and aims to bring our community together and help our local businesses. There will be a special Christmas Bidford Village Market on 2nd December – make sure you put this in your diary and come. Council is always looking for new stall holders, so if you run a business from home with items for sale and would like to book a stall in the market, please contact Hilary on 01789 778653 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to help.
If you have a concern or issue about anything within the Parish, please use the Love Clean Street App and send by email email@example.com. Alternatively you can contact the Clerk on 07718 628925 or by email as above. Please don’t post on Social Media (Bidford Forum) where it may be missed and, therefore, remain unanswered or unsolved.
- Mondays 10.30am–11.30am STORYTOTS Bidford Community Library
- Mondays 10.30am–12.30pm DEMENTIA CAFÉ Westholme Court
- Mondays 1pm–2.30pm ARTY AVON Church Hall
- Tuesdays 10am–10.30am ARTBASE In Person Art Classes Church Hall
- Wednesdays 10am–12pm WARM HUB Crawford Memorial Hall
- Thursdays 10am-11.30am THE JOLLY TEAPOT Church Hall
- Friday (every fortnight) 3.30pm–4.30pm LEGO Bidford Community Library
- Monday 11th December and 8th January at 7.30pm Planning Consultative Committee Meeting
- Monday 18th December and 22nd January at 7.30pm Parish Council Meeting
All meetings, which are open to the public, are held at the Parish Council Meeting Room, Bramley Way, B50 4QG (unless stated otherwise). Please note it is at these meetings that decisions that directly affect our village and our local community are made – so be part of it and come and see it happen.
BIDFORD EMAIL INFORMATION
Want to know what is happening in the village every week? Nothing easier, simply sign up by emailing the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org and your name will be added to the Weekly Email Information list to receive an email regarding upcoming Events and Notices. As Your Call Magazine is bi-monthly, this is a good way to ensure you are up to date with everything local.
Another way the Parish Council is trying to keep the local community informed is by the use of Social Media: please follow us via Facebook (Bidford on Avon) Twitter (@Bidford_PC) and now also on Instagram (bidfordpc). A lot of information and updates are published through Social Media, so do make sure you follow us to stay informed.
- PARISH COUNCIL CONTACTS
- Clerk to the Parish Council – Mrs Elisabeth Uggerløse
- Administrative Assistant (Part time) – Hilary Wren
- Parish Council Office is located in Bramley Way and is open to the public 10am-1pm. If you are unable to attend during this time, please contact the office to make an appointment
Tel: 01789 778653/07718 628925 Email: email@example.com Website: www.bidfordonavon-pc.gov.uk
- Parish Councillors – a list of Parish Councillors can be found online at www.bidfordonavon-pc.gov.uk/councillors.htm
Elisabeth Uggerloese – Clerk to the Parish Council
PS. Keep an eye on the What’s On page of the website (bidfordonavon-pc.gov.uk/whats-on/) for events, including those at Christmas. They will also be advertised on Social Media.